Highland Lakes A&M Club Scholarship Program
Through our club Golf Tournament, spirit donations, and a generous donation in the name of Elizabeth Ann Rhoden, 12 $5,000 scholarships were awarded this spring!
2022 Scholarship Winners
- Hailey Baker - Burnet High School
- Cameron Curran - Marble Falls High School
- Karley Denton - Burnet High School
- Jordan Erickson - Burnet High School
- Daniel Holland - Faith Academy
- Hudson McBryde - Marble Falls High School
- Hallie McKenzie - Burnet High School
- Lillian Rosenbusch - Liberty Hill High School
- Shelby Wagner - Burnet High School
- Hailey Whiteside - Marble Falls High School
- Benjamin Wilson - Marble Falls High School
- John Wyer - Burnet High School
Pictured above from left to right: Stennis Shotts, John Wyer, Hailey Baker, Shelby Wagner, Jordan Erickson, Karley Denton, Hallie McKenzie, Hailey Whiteside, Lillian Rosenbusch, Daniel Holland, Benjamin Wilson, Cameron Curran, Hudson McBride, and Bailey Heinatz.
One of the primary goals of our organization is to raise money each year to fund our scholarship program. Each year the Highland Lakes A&M Club accepts applications from local high school students who plan to attend Texas A&M University. Any graduating Burnet County Senior that has been accepted to a Texas A&M main campus location (College Station, Galveston or Qatar) is welcome to apply for one of our $5,000 scholarships. Our scholarship committee reviews the applications and selects recipients.
We are so excited to help these future Aggies achieve their hopes and dreams. Thanks to all who participate in the golf tournament or who donate as a corporate sponsor or as a Spirit Sponsor. These all make our scholarship program possible.
This year was a very special year since a $25,000 donation was given in the name of Elizabeth Ann Rhoden.
Elizabeth Ann graduated from BHS in 1966 and from Texas A&M in 1972, where she received the Distinguished Honor Award from the College of Education.
Elizabeth Ann taught in several Texas schools; including Haskell, Burnet and Pampa, almost always Kindergarten.
Most of her teaching years were in Burnet, where she was “Mrs. Hairgrove” to hundreds of students. Later she returned to finish her teaching career in Burnet as “Mrs. Nichols”.
She was an exemplary teacher. She won teaching awards - but more than that, she loved her students, even the scamps. She was known to secretly buy supplies and even clothes for students in need. She had special skills with slow learners and took great joy in their progress.
All this, while few of those whose lives she touched knew that she was profoundly deaf.
Elizabeth Ann was a very, very proud Aggie - and grateful for her opportunities at Texas A&M. She was also a thoughtful patriot, a strong supporter of our armed forces, a thankful grandmother and a child of God. She died in 2020.
About our scholarships
- For 2022, we will award up to 12 students from Burnet County with a $5,000 scholarship.
- Any graduating Burnet County Senior (including Home School students) that has been accepted to a main campus of Texas A&M including College Station, Galveston or Qatar.
- Applications for 2022 are available now (see How to Apply below.)
- Applications must be received by your Counselor’s office by Noon on March 31st, 2022.
- If mailing, application must be received by March 31st, 2022.
How to Apply
- Please download the application here and return completed by the deadline date.
Key Contacts for Scholarship Program Questions
- Stennis Shotts
VP of High School Relations
Highland Lakes A&M Club – Email
- Sherry Warren - Counseling Admin Assistant at Marble Falls High School - Email
- Angie Beyer – Counselor at Burnet High School - Email
- Nicole Poage - Counselor at Faith Academy – Email